Thursday, October 27, 2016

Are You Wearing Your Invisible Cape?

My mother is one of the sweetest (will literally give you the shirt of her back) person I have ever met, so naturally growing up I was always raised to see the good in people despite what other people might think or say. She is the kind of person who has never met a Stranger in her life and probably never will. Recently I have been so busy with life it seems like every day is blur to me as well as the random people I encounter on any given day.
     Let’s be real not every day is going to be a great day… because well life happens and vice versa. Sometimes I wonder why was that waitress short with me? Or why didn’t that man hold the door for me when he saw me coming with my hands full? I have to remind myself that everyone is dealing with something at any given time. It could be something little or something very drastic that has changed their world. Including myself I am always dealing with something usually its how I’m going to fit all of these tasks into just 24 hours. Sometimes it’s more.
Which brings me to this………

     I chose to change my outlook on how I see people that I encounter in my day to day life including strangers!.. Because even though we shouldn’t talk to them right?!?! (STRANGER DANGER) they are still people.

I present to you my very own INVISIBLE CAPE CHALLENGE.  

Sounds cool right? Right! Because it totally is.
Instructions: are so easy even a cave man could do it. All you have to do is envision everyone (yes, everyone even the people you may not like) you come across wearing an invisible cape. That’s it. The invisible cape represents whatever that person might be dealing with (Whatever it might be) or maybe they are a hero because they simply made it out the door on time which was me this morning.

I challenge you to try this for a day and see if it changes your view of the world just a little, In fact you may even smile!
Lastly (my favorite part) don’t be boring about it either you can totally make those invisible capes all sorts of pretty colors and designs let your imagination go wild, after all you are already pretending they are wearing capes. Hope you have as much fun with this as I continue to.

-mm

No comments:

Post a Comment