Thursday, October 27, 2016

ProNuts: A Gift From God

     Since moving from the last frontier state all the way down to California or what I like to refer to as the great state of doughnut heaven in which the good lord has blessed me with, you could say my love for doughnuts has grown a little.... Okay a lot... Alright you caught me its all I think about day and night!!!! (lets just keep that between you and me. K? Thanks). Some may call it an obsession, I like to call it widening my knowledge of bakeries.
      
     In fact it has become my new mission to try as many different doughnut shops that I can while I'm here. I may or may not have tried out 5 different places with 2 more already planned out for my next weekend adventures. Whats not to love the gooey glaze, the warm doughy center (those are my favorites), the endless amount of toppings. It is like a little piece of heaven here on earth just for me.
BUT MOLLY you say you are such a healthy person always working out and meal prepping. Doughnuts are BAD for you!!!!
Aren't they?!?!? 
     
      I will be the first to tell you there ain't no shame in my game. The doughnut game that is. One bad or unhealthy meal once in awhile isn't going to undo all of your progress just like one healthy meal is not going to give you those muscles or six-pack abs you dream about. Only hard work and a balanced diet can do that for you, so if you want to have a few Oreos after dinner or a juicy cheeseburger go for it. Enjoy every last bite, but come Monday morning your booty better be at the gym. NO EXCUSES
      
How ever I am also always looking for ways to make the treats that I love better for my body so that I can enjoy them more and that is where the idea for ProNuts came to be in my mind and heart.

                                             
Thats right I eat my doughnuts in my doughnut leggings don't you?

If not you really should be.

What you will need is:
1/4 cup Vanilla Muscle Gain Protein or Click Here 
1/4 cup almond flour (aka ground almonds)
2 tbsp sugar 
2 tbsp almond milk 
1 whole egg
1/2 tsp baking powder 

Directions:
Blend all the above ingredients until thoroughly mixed. Pour evenly into well oiled doughnut pan (I used coconut oil).
Bake at 355 F for about 12 minutes or until they’ve cooked through. (I would check about half way though).
Let the donuts cool for about 10 minutes before removing them from pan. 


My official baking helper. He cleans up what I drop. 

Tadda you have just made your first batch of ProNuts. (insert cheering and applauding here!)


       If you want to go for extra credit you can ice them with what ever your little heart desires. My favorite so far is Peanut butter for even extra protein or Nutella, but lets be honest you can never really go wrong with that stuff!
*****Most importantly do not forget sprinkles, because you are a winner.*****


Happy Baking Y'all. 
I hope y'all enjoy these treats as much as the Tot and I!
Don't forget to TAG me in your posts and comments.
Follow me on social media to keep up with 
everything that is Molly Logic!
Instagram: @msmollymoran or Just Click Here
Facebook: Molly Logic or Just Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment