Thursday, October 27, 2016

Black Bean Brownies & Avocado Frosting


Hey Y'all miss me? I missed you.

        I'm just going to be completely honest with y'all OK? OK. I have been doing a somewhat intense fitness challenge with myself (because hello you are your own best competition & its my favorite kind!! Plus lets be real for a second comparison is the thief of joy. You cant be comparing your chapter 1 to someone elses chapter 15. Now I know that is much easier said then done I even struggle with that, but hey I'm human and so are you so don't fret) hitting the gym and weight room 5 times a week as well as running just to keep me sane and then there is clean eating. ugh. I know the two words that make me want to eat a double cheese burger just at the thought. Word to the wise anyone and I mean ANYONE who says they love clean eating are LIARS. Just kidding well kind of. They may like it or be able to tolerate it which is where I am at with it, most days anyways I feel like I have a pretty good handle on that mess which is "clean eating", how ever some days I look at my broccoli and grilled chicken breast (or what ever meal I prepped for that week) and am like "Ya no this is not going to cut it for me". 

        Some days or time of the month (if you're a chick like me) I just want CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLATE ANYTHING for that matter, so lets say I give into that temptation and have what ever chocolaty goodness that is laying around the house. Like most of us do I will feel happy for the few minutes while I'm stuffing my face full followed by a full day of regret. Which I am just not cool with. Ya dig? Which is what got me thinking there has to be more to the dreadful guilt that comes along with the "clean eating" binge. 

        So I took to the internet with my love of chocolate and found a few great ideas, recipes and replacements and TADA!!! I give you Black Bean Brownies with wait for it...... keep waiting..... OK....... fine I will tell you......... Chocolate Avocado Frosting..... ya that's right I said frosting. 

I thought to my self for a moment... 

SELF: you like brownies.
SELF: you really like chocolate.
SELF: you love avocados.
SELF: what are black beans. (I had to learn)

I knew I was up for the challenge. 
                                                            (pictures found on pinterest)
                       

                                       Best part is they are husband & not health nut approved!


I now present onto you this SHAME & GUILT FREE glories recipe.
Ingredients:

1 can black beans; rinsed and well drained
3-4 heaping Tbsp raw cocoa powder
2/3 cup gluten free oats
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup pure maple syrup (or honey which is what I used because it was on hand)
1/3 cup coconut oil
3 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips in a FOOD PROCESSOR.  Once it’s reached a very smooth consistency, fold in chocolate chips and spread into an oiled pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before cutting.
If you really want to go all out and are feeling a little frisky you can top them with this decadent chocolate icing.
Chocolate Avocado Icing
Ingredients:
1 ripe avocado
1 heaping Tbsp of raw cocoa powder
1-2 tsp maple syrup
Directions:
Combine all ingredients in food processor until creamy and spread on cooled brownies.  
Happy Baking Everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment