Monday, June 5, 2017

Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles

Y'all my sweet tooth has been bad lately. Mainly for chocolate... So with that being combined with my love for Pinterest and serious need for instant gratification (my attention span for projects is that of a child) in the kitchen. I decided to look up different truffle recipes and I found a few that incorporated avocuddles AND there is no oven needed.


..... On a side note here is your word of the day. AVOCUDDLE = AVOCADO ..... I know what y'all are thinking and you are welcome.

Here is what you will need:
4 ounces 70%  dark chocolate. (I used 50% for mine its what I had on hand)
3 table spoons pureed avocados. (I just eyeballed the portions)
A pinch of sea salt. I would suggest using chunky salt to has a little texture. 
Unsweetened cocoa powder. (I used dark cocoa powder but either works)

                   Sorry in advance for the lack of pictures

First puree your avocuddles then melt your dark or light (which ever you prefer) chocolate chips. I melt mine in the microwave using 30 second increments and stirring in-between. Once you have both of those done add them together and toss in your salt.


Next stir them all together until you get a blob like consistency. Then place in the fridge to chill for about 25 to 30 minutes.
Here is where the lack of pictures comes into play.
Once you have taken your chocolate acocuddle blob out of the fridge use a spoon of if you are not fancy like me you can use your hands and to make little balls then roll them into the cocoa powder and place on a tray and just like that you have yourself some truffles.
I would recommend keeping them in the refrigerator until you are ready to enjoy them.

I hope you have as much fun with these as I did and let your creativity take control.
Now to work on my "healthy" but still taste like heaven pizza.

-mm



No comments:

Post a Comment